The Pelham Public Schools accepts a limited number of tuition-paying students in the Middle School and High School only. Admission is at the discretion of the Board of Education on an annual basis, provided the following general conditions are met:
- There is sufficient space to accommodate the non-resident student
- No increase in the size of the faculty or staff shall be necessary
- Admission shall not result in the establishment of a new section
- Parents or guardians shall work out transfer conditions with the home district and provide their own transportation
- All rules and regulations in effect for District students shall apply to non-resident students
- Tuition shall be charged to families of non resident students as established from time to time by the Board of Education
- The previous scholastic and citizenship record may be considered in determining eligibility.
Applicants are asked to submit a letter of interest to the Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Peter Giarrizzo, 18 Franklin Place, Pelham, NY, 10803 along with an Application of Admittance into the Pelham Public Schools (Registration Admittance Application) and the student's most current report card and/or transcript. Emails will not be accepted.
General Education tuition for grades K-6 for the 2016-17 school year is $17,586* and for grades 7-12, $17,782.*
Special Education tuition for grades K-6 for the 2016-17 school year is $69,268* and for grades 7-12, $69,464.*
*These non-resident tuition rates are estimated. When the actual rates are available, refunds or additional charges are to be made in accordance with Section 174.2(a)(6) of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education.
The student regular and special education tuition rates for the 2015-16 school year for out-of-district residents will reflect the most recent amounts published by the NYS Education Department (NYSED) at the time of billing and will be adjusted to reflect final rates upon determination by NYSED.
Non-Resident Student Policy: Download
For more information, call 914-738-3434, ext. 1155